Thursday, June 13, 2013

Poetic Thursday: Avoiding myself

Hello people,hope you're doing as awesome as me? The week has been great and it doesn't even bother me that it's been a very busy week.Some people would definitely be happy about today's post while some would be indifferent.*side eyes @ilola* Anyway,i'll try and keep up with Poetic Thursdays and also put up my normal posts.The only challenge i have presently is time,i don't even have the luxury to be bored anymore.Oh well,i ain't complaining.Enough with the talks,here's a new poem i wrote in line with the post i made about children.It occurred to me that most of us are avoiding ourselves by doing other stuffs but introspecting.Read on,comment and share if you will.


AVOIDING MYSELF

I've been hiding behind my busy schedule

Running away from that important thing

I've been trying to shed guilt

Like trees do in winter

I dance around my comfort zone

When in reality there's a journey i must embark on

But the results have been pale

Actually,black decribes it best

I've trampled on people's feelings

I've charred hopes

I've smashed hearts

I'm not proud of me

So i'll embark on that journey

Journey i've been avoiding

Journey to self

4 comments:

  1. Wow, outstanding as usual and profound. I am glad to know that I am not the only one who feels that way. The journey of self is always hard when you have to face yourself. Love poetry Thursdays! Look forward to more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much as usual.More works from me would definitely be on this page.

      Delete
  2. that happens..
    I guess even to the best of us :)

    ReplyDelete