Thursday, May 9, 2013

Poetic Thursdays: Guardian of my thoughts

Hey people,i trust you're doing great.As for me,i'm back to my complete awesome greatness. I've been very busy lately with work and also i've been travelling alot. On one of my trips,i had the pleasure of hooking up with Tamie's who for some reason decided to run away from Port Harcourt.We actually had lots of fun and she referred me to a very cool hotel where i lodged.And nope,she didn't lodge stay with me cos she prolly would've gotten pregnant and i know Becqui would be heartbroken. Hehehehehe Abeg na play i is o!!!

Anyway,today's poem was inspired by my advocate for awareness of the potency of the mind.Read,comment and share if you will.

Guardian Of My Thoughts

Deep in the corridors of your heart

Lies love or hate or pain or fear

They always walk in slowly

Precisely

Not necessarily confidently

But are encouraged by you

Your ears

Your eyes

Your heart

Your thoughts are windows

Windows that lead to the corridors

I'd put a legion on guard

To guard all the windows to that corridor

To guard my thoughts

I know something would always be sitting at the end of the corridor

And i know what i don't want sitting there

22 comments:

  1. ....And what don't you want sitting there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hate,fear,anger,jealousy,contempt etc.They're detrimental to the body and spirit.

      Delete
  2. You were missed, please don't stay away too long! Enjoy your travels and still a big fan of those lips...sorry Becqui I hope I didn't offend you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more, we owe ourselves the duty to guard our thoughts, heart, mind.. know what you don't want and DONT let it in (y)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice piece.

    We'd do ourselves more good than harm if we really guard our thoughts...selectively sieving and weeding out unwanted visitors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Welcome back :)
    lovely expressions as always..
    its funny how we always feel like guiding our thought, but sometimes at some crucial moments... we slip up :P
    happened wid me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jyoti.Yeah,some still slips through.However,we shouldn't let that deter us from being on guard.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hahahaha My titles from you stay increasing @ilola.Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and for the comment.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing!


    Visit http://www.unn.edu.ng

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and for the comment.

      Delete