Thursday, May 23, 2013

Poetic Thursday: Come a little closer


Hey people,i trust you've been good.My awesomeness remains untouched.As the tradition is,here your Thursday dose of the flow of my emotions.I wrote this poem years ago.Read,share,comment and print out if you like.Have a nice day.


COME A LITTLE CLOSER 
Come a little closer
Look deep into my eyes
See through my heart
Feel the tenderness of my emotion
Lean on the strength of my faith
Trust my shoulders cos they won’t sag
I’ve been standing all day
Waiting all night
Calling on to you
Calling so you will come a little closer
For my heart yearn for your love
My body yearn for your touches
My world yearn for your light
Come a little closer
Cos I don’t think I can wait any longer

16 comments:

  1. "Lean on the strength of my faith
    Trust my shoulders cos they won’t sag" nice stuff. me likey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, every week I am in complete awe with your word play! I love how you make your words come alive and real. Can't wait for the next poem. Glad I stumbled upon your blog even if it was those lips that got my attention..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm At least I am certain of one visitor every week.Thanks for always stopping by and dropping comments,I appreciate.

      Delete
  3. Favorite line: Trust my shoulders cos they won't sag.

    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When i saw the title, i thought it was the lyrics to Brandy's song. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not coming anywhere joo. Leave me alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come jor,you know you want to.*wink*

      Delete
  6. But you would have to wait...:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess I have to save this masterpiece for my son's use when he grows older. lol how wonderful. Its been such a long time, how u dey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Docia.It really has been a long time.I'm awesome as usual,hope you're good too?

      Delete