Friday, January 25, 2013

Poetic Thought: Heaven i need a touch

Hey people,i trust the year is going well so far? For me,the year is definitely going to be great because it has started great already.Poetic Thursday is now looking more like poetic Friday lol.Sometimes i get sooooo caught up with work and all and i forget to make posts.Anyway,whether poetic thursday ot friday,the most important thing na make the poetic dey,abi? LOL

I've gotten my poem mojo back.There came a point in my life where i wrote at least a poem each day.Now,i'm kinda getting back to that and it's feeing good.What i've still not gotten back to at all is music.What is happening to me?! Anyway,lemme let you enjoy the poem jare,i wrote it early this week and i feel we'd all be able to relate to it.

Heaven i need a touch

Heaven i need a touch

Not the one from the evening breeze caressing my bare skin

Not the one from the sand wrapped loosely around my feet

Not the one from the sounds traveling through my ears

Or from the beautiful scenery caressing my naked eyes

I need a different touch

A touch that would make

A touch that would make me different

Redemption

Revelation

Transformation

Heaven i need a touch

But not that of water when i'm standing in a pool

Or that of butterflies when i'm in the midst of the garden

But a lasting touch that will change everything

24 comments:

  1. Indeed we all need that hug,at least for redemption and transformation.This is a very good poem.I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks alot for stopping by and for the comment!

      Delete
  2. oh my! I love this poem. "Heaven I need a lasting touch that will change everything"
    you are into music too? weldone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you got a pretty decent touch from heaven :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. "But a lasting touch that will change everything" <--- Amen to that

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you gonna take all the TOUCHES? lol! I need one too. Anyway the year is going well for me, how about una?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My year started amazingly well.It definitely will be a great year.

      Delete
  6. I definitely need a touch that would change everything for good around me.
    It's nice to know the year started well for you. I am glad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why don't you schedule your poems days ahead, if you are going to be busy on the day of the poetry posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what i'd do.Thanks for the suggestion,it's greatly appreciated.

      Delete
  8. I sure need a touch that would make everything beautiful once again...great post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heaven, I so need this same kind of touch. Amen in anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need a touch too o. Seriously, now, I really need Heaven's touch for just so many things. I love the simplicity in your lines, it's creative that way. Take to @ilola's advice about scheduling your post beforehand, it works. I have been doing that lately.

    http://www.josephomotayo.blogspot.com/2013/01/opening-late-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for stopping by and for the comment.I definitely will take her advice.

      Delete