Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Poetic Thurdays: Strings from a guitar

Hey people,i wanna believe everyone is as awesome as me.You wanna know what's new? Well,Becqui goes around telling people that she is awesomer more awesome than me these days,can you imagine that? That is impersonation of attitude,don't you all think?

Lots of my poems aren't about me.I mentioned that my imagination is wild and so i can imagine things and write a poem about them and even though they'd feel very real,they're just my imagination.However,some of my poems too are written based on my feelings.I express myself well with songs,but mostly poems and that explains why i have more poems than songs.So,this poem is actually about me.It expresses how i was feeling at a point in time,key words being "at a point in time".Read,enjoy and share your thoughts.

Strings of a guitar
I've held on for so long
I've been patient
But I'm almost suffocated
So right now I'm reaching inside my heart
I'm plucking the hurts
Like the strings from a guitar
I'm plucking to create a tune
A tune of anger
With lyrics of yesteryears
Lyrics of deep cuts of exasperation
Lyrics that'll form a tune
A tune a few people would be shocked with
A tune they would be shocked to dance to
I'm plucking the hurts in my heart like the strings from a guitar
If I choose mortar
People might get hurt
Because there will be an explosion
An explosion that might shatter relationships
So I'll just pluck the hurts from my heart
Like the strings from a guitar
And form a lyrics so mellow
Oh what the heck! Explosion it is!

35 comments:

  1. Nice one, please just continue to be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lmao..Well i know someone that's more awesome,than mr awesome.*you know the answer*....

    Interesting piece.. Just hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what you're talking about.Thanks dear!

      Delete
  3. When I cant cry, i write. Best way to express yourself. Nice poem too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, nice piece.I like the different dialect of poetry.

    ...But why did u choose to pluck the hurt with the strings of a guitar, my guitar? You should have used the strings of a violin joor :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your violin idea.

      Delete
    2. @Dayor: The violin is too mellow jor! LOL

      @Okeoghene: Why would you agree with her nau?

      Delete
  5. Loling @dayor
    thank God that "point in time" is long gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea Lucy, same thing I said when I saw that "point in time" thank God his Grace came through for you.

      Delete
    2. @luciano: Yeah,i'm glad it's gone too,explosion would've been inevitable.

      @Priscy: His grace is a life-saver!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becqui is on point to be more awesome! *tongue out*
    Nice poem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was suspecting someone would gang up with her sooner or later,but not you nau! LOL Thanks dear!

      Delete
  8. Let me stay clear of your path o.. this is intense

    ReplyDelete
  9. In love 9ja-great?...lady not getting the hint?...or playing with your emotions like guitar strings?... A poem of love.

    p.s,,,having problem commenting..adverts continue pop-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah,not love.Thanks for the observation.

      Delete
  10. You never cease to amaze me with your lyrics. Its really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm... Sound like you've been hurt or vilified for saying something nice to someone who belongs to another; or you fear the impact of your words. lol
    To be misinterpreted happens... It's part of the package.
    Nice piece bru. Been a while. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah,this poem ain't about love bro.LOL Thanks and yeah,it's been a while.

      Delete
  12. Thank God that "point in time" is past.

    Nice poem, depicts how hurt you were.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Deep poem, please don't explode yet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reads like a song...good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have you ever considered publishing an e-book or guest authoring on other sites?
    I have a blog centered on the same information you discuss and would really
    like to have you share some stories/information. I know my
    readers would enjoy your work. If you're even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e mail.
    my website - drum tobacco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done a few blog guest authoring but not really considered e-books.Thanks anyway!

      Delete
  16. Nice poem!! What is your inspiration to make this? :) - www.rockstarmusicstore.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Usually, the best time to expect free time on Xbox Live is when there is a gaming event taking place (such as the launching of a new game).
    Totally free Xbox live codes are also given by some console sellers as being a definite incentive
    on buying Ps3 live. Whatever it may be, it's definitely working right now, so if you want to take advantage of it, now is the time.

    Also visit my web site microsoft points codes

    ReplyDelete