Thursday, October 4, 2012

Poetic Thurdays

Hey people,how have you all been? It's been a good week over here,hope yours have been great too? So,i have this thought and i want to share it with you people.One thing i can do with my eyes close is write poems.So,i'm thinking of imbibing what Dayor does with her Fridays (Wordless Friday),but mine would be Poetic Thurday.I don't want cobwebs to ever grow on this blog unlike some people i know (they know themselves).So,to kickstart it let me give you something to enjoy.It was born out of my imagination as most of my poems are,but some parts are actually about me.My poems are always my raw imaginations conveyed in my raw simple words.So please read,enjoy and do comment.


A BETTER MAN

I have a voice

But you have a strong reason

It’s my place

But you have a better case

My guilt is a gag in my mouth

My knowledge another reason for my muteness

Every word is potent

Not a dagger in my chest

Not a million pins on my skin

Not a bullet in my groin

No, nothing of those sorts

But every word you say is potent

It an appeal to my heart

It’s a plea reaching my soul

I may have lost my way

I may be ignorant of what I once knew

But I know I’m going to try

I’m going to be a better man

I may not even know what that means anymore

But you’re worth embarking on that journey for




20 comments:

  1. beuriful...me likey!
    Its always a good thing to retrace our steps back into being better people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is nice. Postic Thursday sounds cool too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a powerful one, well done.

    er..cough..cough...was that cobweb remarked aimed at me? Lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't i say "they know themselves"? LOL

      Delete
  4. Liked it,esp d Last three lines

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is nice. Poetic thursdays isn't a bad idea...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Yeah,all the ladies on here love the end.Una too like better thing.LOL

      Delete
  7. This is good; Poetic Thursday. Maybe I'll start doing Reflective Mondays too. *smiling*. I love those lines. I found these so moving;

    "My guilt is a gag in my mouth

    My knowledge another reason for my muteness"

    www.josephomotayo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Words are powerful and a very useful tool in the expression of the innermost feelings.Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. I love this, looking forward to more poetic thursdays

    ReplyDelete