Monday, September 24, 2012

Dangers of pretence

Hey people,how have you been? I've been very awesome and work has been crazy.I mean,i rarely have free days in the week,i rarely lounge.Gone are those days i'll chill at the office and ping and tweet and do all kinds of lazying.Oh well! I was supposed to be working right? Sometimes i get paid to just sit,browse or ping or tweet or play scrabble or whatever,not anymore though.It actually feels good to be engaged,maybe it because of the person i'm engaged to.But i enjoy my current relationship status.And i know it'd be more when i'm like Emaleeecious.

Ever wonder why people would pretend to be what they're not just to acquire certain things? Some lie to get a gurl/guy,some lie to get contracts,for some it's to gain respect,for others it's to gain friends.I actually marvel at this because there's always an outcome of pretense that is never favorable for them.Come to think of it,why would people even consider pretense? I mean,what's the essence of not showing who i really am when i know who i am is awesome? My belief is this; if i have to pretend to gain something,then it's totally not worth it.I know sometimes people tend to pretend so as to be seen as cool.Well,instead of being seen as that,why not just show your real self? If you don't like your real self,there's no harm in making necessary changes.Instead of pretending to be rich,why not wait till you're reach? I've seen some people spend so much on being who they are not and end up heavily in debt.It's worthless!

The funny thing about pretense is that it is 'living a lie' and lies never stay out of the open forever,theyalways get revealed.So when you gain something by pretending,be sure you lose it and maybe more when people realize you had been pretending all along.I remember "Love Don't Cost A Thing" with Nick Cannon and Christina Milan.He lied about who he was in the movie and gained alot of friends and fans.But when it was discovered he had been pretending all along,he was left in a worse state than he was initially.He lost all his friends,his fans and even the good friends he made before he started living his fake life.Good thing though was he realized himself and made amends.I also know of a gurl who claimed to be a very good gurl and got herself a guy,who happened to be my friend,only for the guy to realize sometime later that she wasn't what she claimed to be.He simply left her and i never blamed him.My point is,pretense should be avoided like a plague because it can rub you of what you think you had and even the ones you actually had.Do you think there's a valid reason for pretense? Would you pretend for anything? Have a nice day and week ahead people.


28 comments:

  1. first off, let me comment on the first part. Its a beautiful thing to love and be loved back, and you and Becqui have found each other... may you continue to be a blessing to each other and may your love continue to glow from grace to grace just as Emaleecious.

    I think pretense is a disease. a lot of people will pretend about virtually everything! its sad sha... I love who I am and I ain't gonna pretend about it.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah,i know a gurl like that.She is a huge pretender.

      Thanks for the prayers dear.*hugz*

      Delete
  2. Pretense like lies takes up too much mental energy that i can not afford to spare. So take me as i am with all my razzness or hit the free way :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Pretense like lies takes up too much mental energy..." Well said.Pretense is way too mentally exhausting.

      Delete
  3. Congrats!!!

    Pretence is just trying to be the fake of you and rubs you off the benefits that the real you should get.....I think people pretend maybe when in danger of loosing something tho..its not a justification but if you want to do it, use wisdom not necessarily pretend..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "use wisdom not necessarily pretend" This is a more suitable way to hold on to what you're scared of losing.

      Delete
  4. was discussing this yesterday with a colleague and she said " why person go dey form peak milk wen e no reach cowbell?" cracked me up big time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your colleague seem to have come in contact with a particular pretender that got her very mad.lol

      Delete
  5. Hmmm,pretense...makes me remind this quote by Alan Moore

    "You wear a mask for so long, you forget who you were beneath it"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha lmao @ Luciano's comment... abi o

    Personally, I think pretending is too much headache. I have a hard enough time remembering things that happened and to now come and add remembering fake versions/lies that I've told to remembering actual occurrences in my life????? Na who get that kain time... so yeah, for me, laziness does not permit pretense haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha Laziness makes it impossible for you to pretend abi? LOL

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peer pressure + wanting to feel among is the major cause of this,true it doesn't last till the end.. sadly,majority of the worlds population at some point has been on the pretense side of things..even with feelings,we sometimes pretend everything is ayt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't imagine life being "me"less. Its either i'm me or myself! As for people who pretend to gain people's worth or respect because of their bad side; its better when they try to be good.

    The truth is theres a side in we humans that make us know between right and wrong. So if people can at least decipher that, it shouldnt be difficult to determine to do good or be good. Unfortunately, people would rather spend their time,energy and money in pretence.

    As they say, you can't give what you don't have. You can't put something on nothing and expect it to stand. Its certainly null and void! No matter how they try, they are either themselves or an illusion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't stand pretence, can't stand pretenders. I even think pretence is an exhibition of shallow-mindedness

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like they say,one lie leads to many more lies. Pretending to be who you're not,is one hell of a job...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretending is really a hell of a job,it takes so much.

      Delete
  12. true talk! pretense is one hell of a job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Low self esteem can cause pretence. People need to believe in who they are.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Living a lie most times puts you in very difficult positions, pretending to be what you are not puts you on your toes,bcos you would not want to be found out. you would always want to impress people. I had a friend who does that. Back then in my university days, he made us believe his parents were very wealthy and all that. In order to live out his lies, he had to do just anything to get money to sustian a certain standard, and when all went bad he had himself to blame.

    Congrats on your engagement, wish you the best. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just got my check for $500.

    Many times people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can make by taking paid surveys online...

    So I took a video of myself actually getting paid over $500 for taking paid surveys.

    ReplyDelete