Monday, August 13, 2012

If your life is a dream


Hi people, I trust you’re doing great. Again, I don’t have any reason whatsoever to complain, life is beautiful. Had a most stressful weekend but it still turned out good.

I was in one of such moods when I go hard into the thought-lane and a thought occurred to me. As humans, we are insatiable. When we want something and eventually get it, we always want something more. We always aim for something higher. My boss was saying when he makes N500 million he’ll move to make N1 billion.  This is what makes man the ‘head’ of animals though. Birds don’t worry about making money, as far as they can get seeds or fishes or insects to feed on. Goats don’t bother about status, as far as there are grasses around its immediate environment and also a she-goat.

However, out insatiability gives rise to complains. Someone who has a pair of pants/trousers would be complaining about not having a shirt. Meanwhile someone who has a pair of trousers and a shirt would be complaining about not having a pair of shoes. This is how man thinks, he always thinks. Our starting points and indeed our beliefs drive us to want to achieve and take it a notch further. Dr.Ben Carson was raised by a single poor mum, this was a drive for his achievement, he decided he didn’t want to live that kind of life. His mother even functioned as a drive for him. He turned out to be a great surgeon. President Goodluck Jonathan didn’t have shoes, I’m sure this was a drive that has made him achieve so much. Some of us haven’t gotten to the stages of these people yet, we’re still working towards it. Along the line there were and prolly still are obstacles, challenges, sleepless nights, tears, frustrations. There most definitely were and still are laughters, love, friendship, family. Take a good look at your life, do a little introspection and answer this question; If your life were a dream, what would you do? Would you continue sleeping and pray never to wake up? Or would you gladly jump off the bed? Have a nice day and week ahead!

24 comments:

  1. Deep bro.. I would like to keep dreaming coz in this dream of mine,i call the shots..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice.I'm with you on that bro,plus this is a good dream.

      Delete
  2. hmmm... lemme see...would I want to wake up or continue dreaming?

    Hmmm...abeg I no fit reason am ooo, make i leave am like that

    This is a very profound post though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very thought provoking, I think I will jump out of bed sha. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post dear.
    sometimes, I wish my life were a dream though whiles other days too I'd rater jump off the bed and run never to visit such dreams again. But whichever way it is, I always tell myself that, success is a journey and not a destination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True @ But whichever way it is, I always tell myself that, success is a journey and not a destination.

      Delete
  5. lool can I do half and half? if my life was a dream... I will want some to be real and others not .
    i sometimes like to eat my cake and have it X_X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm,eat your cake and have it huh? Well,i guess you could do half and half....oh,you already did.LOL

      Delete
  6. Please, why did you spoil this very lovely post of yours by introducing Jonathan into it. So its hos lack of shoes that made him driven??? Please, I see no 'driven-ness'. He couldn't even attend a single presidential debate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. I thought so too when I got to the GEJ part.

      Delete
    2. @@ilola & Okeoghene: We still cannot separate his achievements from being driven though.The fact that he should be whipped doesn't also change that fact.

      Delete
  7. Lol...If my life were a dream....I'll definitely jump out of bed

    ReplyDelete
  8. If my life were a dream hmm I will continue sleeping and pray to wake up during nightmares o..Nice post btwn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hnmm, i'll do half and half like Abi Tobi. Def

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank God my life is not just a dream but a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream;some nightmares, some pot holes,some revelations,some victories but all in all,i'm exactly where God wants me to be. So do i wanna wake up? Nope!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Edgar Allan Poe beautifully says-
    all that we see or seem
    But a dream within a dream..

    introspection is must 4 life.. to check and maintain a proper balance

    ReplyDelete