Wednesday, June 6, 2012

153 Places

This is a tribute to the people whose lives were lost in the Dana Air plane crash,may their souls rest in peace.It's also dedicated to everyone who's lost his/her life to roads accidents and boat mishaps.

153 PLACES

I have tried to forget

I have tried to block it out

But it keeps playing itself

It’s like the pictures from an album

Flipping…flipping…flipping itself

I don’t want to see those beautiful children

With the mother’s arms around them and her beautiful smile

I don’t want to see the face of the beautiful women

Whose hope and dreams were engulfed in the terrible explosion

Someone should help me forget the men

Who were looking forward getting back to their families

I slept, thankfully a dreamless one

But in the morning it was the same pictures from the same album

Flipping…flipping….flipping itself

Each picture, a significance of pain

Each smiling face carrying the effect of a sword through the heart

Today I woke up happy

But just before my happiness could be portrayed

It was the same pictures from the same album

Flipping…flipping…flipping itself

Each picture, breaking my heart over again

Someone should help me forget

But even if I forget, my heart is already wounded

Broken into 153 places

29 comments:

  1. Its really sad. i cant seem to forget too... may their souls Rest in peace.



    btw you got tagged www.tomilolaakibo.blogspot.com/2012/06/i-got-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the Lord soothe all our souls. It is beyond heart-wrenching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sad... one could only imagine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a touching tribute, and even though their death has broken our hearts one way or the other, each broken piece will always love and remember them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a touching tribute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sad sad stuff, may their souls Rest In Peace

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are submitting this for myne's collection

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very touching sir... May God help our country.

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  9. May their souls rest in peace...still so sad

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was watching the news yesterday,and they were showing the week in review and the pictures kept flipping like an album.
    May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. very sorry 4 the loss...

    I have tried to block it out
    But it keeps playing itself...
    such events r too intense to block out !!
    May all RIP

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tribute!
    May they find eternal rest with God.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was shattered when I heard and saw the news. One of the darkest days in my life even though I didn't know any of the passengers. My heart bled and still bleeds for their loved ones. Beautiful tribute.

    Thanks for tagging me in the 11's. I've finally done a post on it (or well part of it). You could check it out in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll take time for us to get over the loss.Thanks Che.

      Delete
  14. The best thing about human being is that no matter how painful we are experiencing at the moment still we find refuge with out friends and be able to pick ourselves up again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the blessing we were blessed with that we know not it's importance.Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete