Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ladies,avoid self misleading

Hey people,how have you all been and how's the week going so far? I've been busy and lazy and busy and lazy and i don't know.But you know i can't leave you for so long a time.

Someone sent me a broadcast on Blackberry that made so much sense and I in turn sent it,but to all the ladies i care about on my contact list.The reason is because I don't want any of them to fall victim of her own self.I have always heard ladies say they don't want to suffer,hence they want to get settled with a guy that's already established.They say something like "It is better to cry in a Range Rover sport than to smile on a bicycle".But,like the broadcast pointed out,these people have never known pain.They have never cried so much that the tears seem to dry in their entire system.

Let me tell you a true story.A certain very pretty gurl was quite lucky to get marriage proposal from a rich military man,she liked him also and thus decided to get married to him.Not so long into their marriage,things began to go wrong.Late nights,other women,physical assaults,emotional assaults,among other things.Let me now tell you the prayer this woman,who had everything she wanted,said "God,since it is his riches that has made my home a war-front,please take it away".Shocking right? Well,God is a prayer answering God so He really took the money away and the husband actually adjusted.Now don't get me wrong,i'm not saying the prayer she said was good or bad,i'm only trying to get you acquainted with the problems associated with some 'riches'.If she prolly was among the group that believed 'it is better to cry in a Range Rover sport than smile on a bicycle',you know now that she has learned a bitter lesson.I mean,she willingly lost almost everything and now she has a measure of happiness that wasn't obtainable when her husband was rich.

Now,for all of you who still have that shallow thinking (yes,it is shallow),here's my advice for you "Change it'.Don't get me wrong though,being rich is a good thing,being married to a rich man is a good thing.But ask yourself this,is it only riches that make a marriage/relationship? Some men are rich but that's the only attribute they have.If financial wealth is the ONLY attribute you look for in a man or the MOST IMPORTANT attribute,then you're putting yourself in a grievous imminent danger.If he's rich but has not got a good heart,does not fear God or is unable to get you pregnant,of what purpose is that marriage to you? What if after your marriage he suddenly becomes poor and already wealth is your main reason for being in the marriage? I am a guy,but i know how wicked guys can be.We could decide to give you everything you want but not anything you need.You might think when you're given money,cars,designer cloths and all,you would be happy.But truth is you won't when you don't see the person you're supposedly married to or don't seem to have any form of relationship with him.So rather than make 'wealth' the ONLY or MOST IMPORTANT attribute you look for in a guy,look for these instead;

*Fear of God
*Prospect
*Sense of responsibility
*Character
*Drive
*Good heart
*Respect

If the person you're engaged to,or is proposing marriage to you,has all these attributes,then you've hit it big.I mean you've struck gold big time! A man with prospect and the fear of God will always make it in life,it's an assurance i am giving you.I know of men who were very rich but couldn't manage their riches and thus got extremely broke.Imagine you getting married to a politician and after leaving office he becomes broke.He 'was' rich sha,so you wouldn't worry abi? Hahahahahahaha
Be wise women,don't be stupid.Don't grope in darkness thinking you on the throne of knowledge.Don't mislead yourselves!

43 comments:

  1. ermmmm....ok. i totally do not agree sha. not all rich guys are bullies and yes, i'll love to marry a great rich guy.
    Fourth paragraph, seventh line: "or is unable to get you pregnant,of what purpose is that marriage to you?" really? never knew "getting a woman pregnant" is one of the major criteria for marriage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firstly,i never said all rich guys are bullies,i only made illustrations.Secondly,do people go into marriages with the intention of not having children? I really don't know of any of such people,do you know of any?

      Delete
    2. In my own opinion, the goal of a marriage is not to have children. It is not the purpose of marriage, it can be called one of the fruits of marriage.

      Marriages that are not blessed with children are still blessed marriages.

      Delete
    3. I do appreciate most of your posts, but when men begin to give women advice from a position of I know you better than yourself, I have to disagree. Let those who want to marry wealthy men do so, a lot of rich men are well rounded, responsible, with drive, God fearing, ati bebe lo...

      And I ask you, if while courting, with wedding date set, your fiancee develops complications that make her infertile, will you break it off? Will you divorce your wife if she cannot bear children?

      Let us be more open-minded and allow people to live their choice of life.

      Delete
    4. @@ilola: Judging from the society you and i are from,you'd agree with me that children is considered one of the reasons for marriage.It's not the only reason,but it is a reason.


      @Myne: Myne,love allows lots of things and that includes sacrifice.So i won't consider breaking off my engagement just because my fiance developed a complication.Also,everybody is free to do what he/she wants,but rightly too.If we encourage women to marry only rich or established men,what do you think would become of our young men who aren't yet established? Don't you think they'd want to make money by all means? If we encourage women to get married to rich or established men only,won't that expose them to the ones who'd only play with their feelings? I disagree with you Myne,let those who wants to get married to rich men do so for the right reasons.

      Delete
  2. Grabs sit and wait to hear what other ladies have to say and oh i see u Bro.. Hope U ayt..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha This is going to be a good debate.I'm iight bro and i trust you're good too.

      Delete
  3. Hmmm... okay but like I say: 'Money cant buy true love...but true love too cannot put put on you table'

    There is nothing wrong in having a man with the above good qualities you mentioned and for him to also be rich. Have the qualities and be rich...nothing wrong there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True,money can never buy love,love can never buy food.There definitely is nothing wrong having a guy with all those listed qualities and being rich too,but there's a problem when you make 'rich' the most important attribute you look for in a guy,i mentioned that in the post.

      Delete
  4. There are so many little things in this post that are grinding my gears! But you meant well, and i understand/agree with the point you were tryin to make so i'll just let the rest go...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha It won't be the first time you've disagreed with me.LOL

      Delete
  5. i know how it feels for one to be treated less than how she's worth.

    having all the qualities listed above in a man plus some good cash and some form of humor is a mega jackpot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course @
      having all the qualities listed above in a man plus some good cash and some form of humor is a mega jackpot!

      Delete
  6. Don't grope in darkness thinking you on the throne of knowledge..I Like..
    Makes lotta sense...I always say dont go demanding from a man what you cant give or offer..If I want my man to be rich, I better be rich but as you said riches shouldnt be the main criteria..Personally I beleive a man that Loves and fears God totally is all that one needs and all others shall be added cos he will have no other option but to extended that love to you, treat you right, provide e.t.c...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Personally I beleive a man that Loves and fears God totally is all that one needs and all others shall be added cos he will have no other option but to extended that love to you, treat you right, provide e.t.c..." I feel like giving you a very warm hug right now,you've just proven you got the message.

      Delete
  7. If a woman meets a rich guy, she should be able to mentally strip his riches of him and access his true person before making a decision.

    Riches should be secondary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Riches should be secondary" Now you get my point!

      Delete
  8. Great post. Love it. I once saw this funny quote somewhere "money can't buy you happiness but it sure will ensure you're unhappy in nice places" lol...
    On a more serious note, I love nice things, so I work hard so I can buy them myself. Call me independent or whatever but there's just this great feeling when you are able to do stuff for yourself. I find that I value and treasure things I worked hard to get so much more than things that were just handed over to me (especially by someone I don't particularly care about).
    Lots of women love nice things too but they look to men to get them for them. The men also know this so they take advantage. I once met a married man who wanted to date me and his selling point was he can buy me all the things a woman wants and give me all the money I could ever want (seriously? *rollingeyes*).
    It's great to have a man who's made it but that in my opinion shouldn't be the deciding factor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes you very wise @ "It's great to have a man who's made it but that in my opinion shouldn't be the deciding factor".

      Delete
  9. I'm soo late to this party. Interesting post. I get your point though. Women should look for commendable character traits & not superficial ones. Noted.
    @Efua, agbaya like him. 'Anything you could ever want' & a few you never hoped for like STDs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL @ your response to Efua's comment. No mind those yeye men.

      Delete
    2. #Gbam @ "It's great to have a man who's made it but that in my opinion shouldn't be the deciding factor".

      Delete
  10. I enjoyed this post. I don't go for the rich guys, rather, I prefer a man that makes my heart smile by allowing me to freely be me. A man that loves God and truly had a relationship with Him is a gem indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "A man that loves God and truly had a relationship with Him is a gem indeed".Trust me,if you find him,you've found a rich man.

      Delete
  11. "So rather than make wealth the only or most important attribute look for these....."
    I get your mesg and #totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good message being passed, wrong choice of illustration.
    Moreso, this goes both ways, guys should also look out for certain qualities, that idea of banging body is all I need has to stop, what happens if her waistline expands after the babies arrive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha @ Good message being passed, wrong choice of illustration.

      I agree that it's also both ways.Guys too shouldn't be unreasonable in terms of qualities they look for.

      Delete
  13. :)... I think some people might have misunderstood the message here. I am with you 9jagreat, most girls are blindsided by "Money" and "Wealth" when they go into relationships and they actually forget things that are essential like proper treatment and happiness. Good message bro.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with you to an extent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha I get it,my illustration wasn't quite in line with the message,or isn't that the reason you don't fully agree?

      Delete
  15. At the end of the day I'd say one should do whatever makes them happy. If getting married to a rich man would make u happy, then go for it! But I get what you're saying that wealth shouldn't be primary but secondary but believe it or not some people don't care much about the affection and what not, all they want to be is grounded and comfortable, they are very happy with spending the money, taking trips here and there, buying the latest designer and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah,but problem is money doesn't always make people happy.Lots of people have it but are not happy.Like i used to say,all we need is grace.

      Delete
  16. I saw a Nigerian movie yesterday for the first time in a long while - fazebook babes. Touched on the same theme here. Idk about all that personality jabs , it's 2012 and women think about their responsibilities and stability first. Love cant pay bills. You can love each other and die without heat in the house in winter or you can argue all day and use some money and get top notch relationship counselling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. However,there are some things money can't fix!

      Delete
  17. hmmm,it's interesting to see a man's perspective on this topic, I agree with most of what you've said, also agree with the qualities to look out for in a man and some more. Not marrying a man because he can't give you children doesn't quite sit well with me, just being a sperm donor does not make a man a father, it's the person who was there for the child and looked after them that matters so adoption is always a solution for those who struggle to have their own. all in all, I hear ya.

    www.bukkyapampa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on this @ just being a sperm donor does not make a man a father.

      Delete
  18. I really have seen that people who have not been around money think its the most important thing they need..if only you lived in a situation where money meant nothing cos it was all you had,you will see the real value of money.All the shopping aound the World,cars and travelling didnt make my mother happy or keep my dad at home did it?it didnt give me the loving family i longed for as a child either..to each its own.God,Love,Happiness,and peace of mind sounds good to me.Nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only i were seeing you,i'd have given you a big hug!!! Spot on!

      Delete