Wednesday, April 11, 2012

You think you know,but you have no idea!!!

Hey people,how's the week so far? I want to believe it's going well for you as it is for me,even though work isn't 'child's play'.In my last post,i forgot to mention that my elder brother got married traditionally.We went to Anambra for the wedding and it was splendid.My phone's battery decided to go flat so i didn't take many pictures with my phone.

Now lemme just go straight to the post for today.There's one thing i crave for; to be nice and nice and nice everyday.I just want to make people happy around me.This is because you never know what a little kindness can do.While we were one our way back from the marriage,the driver that drove one of the buses we went with told me a story and i'd like to share it with you.

He was traveling to the north one day when he noticed a car by the road that had broken down,he stopped and met the driver.The man told him he was on his way to Kaduna with his family,coincidentally he was also going to Kaduna,and so he gave the man his own car and told the man to take his family home that he'll bring the man's car to him and retrieve his.The man was very happy and gave him his card.At that point,he got to know that the man was a minister.After the man left,he realized the problem with the car wasn't even serious so he fixed it in a matter of minutes and proceeded with his journey.The next day,he returned the man's car to the man to the man's amazement.The man asked him how much he should give to him but he refused collecting anything saying he didn't do it for money.The man told him to visit anytime he likes but he didn't visit for a long time.His neighbor was getting married so he decided to go visit the man and invite him to the occasion.The man sent N200,000 (two hundred thousand naira) to the couple at first and on the day of the program still gave him another N200,000 to give to the couple.After that day he became quite close to the man and his family and the monetary gains and other gains were quite encouraging.

Moral of the story is,you never know what your act of kindness can bring to you.Truth is,we should be nice everytime,we need it and people around us need it.As our faces are different,so are our challenges and their solutions.An act of kindness can go a very long way to make a person very happy.Here's a question,what will it profit you to make someone cry or miserable? But do you know you'll profit alot when people see the smile on someone's face courtesy of you? The satisfaction alone brings an inner peace.If we consider being nice to people,the world would be a better place,i mean more inhabitable.There's this piece i got from a friend on Facebook,please read.


WE ARE ALL GUILTY

That girl you called a slut in class

today. She's a virgin.

The pregnant girl walking down

the street. She got raped.

The boy you called lame. He has to

work every night to support his
family.

That girl you pushed down the
other day. She's already being
abused at home.

That girl you called fat. She's
starving herself.

The old man you made fun of
cause of the ugly scars. He fought
for our country.

The boy you made fun of for
crying. His mother is dying.

You think you know them. Guess
what? You don't!
If u're not in someone's shoes,
NEVER JUDGE!
Like dis for humanity



I leave you with this; Do to others what you want others to do to you!!!

47 comments:

  1. I like that story and I totally get it... its good to be good. My fav is the poem... what how you treat people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this poem yesterday. Its actually longer than this and it was really thought provoking.

    Its good to be nice sha, but in Nigeria, we must excercise caution. There are people who have been robbed, killed and whose kids have been used for rituals, just because they stopped to 'be nice' to someone on the road.

    Gosh, what am I saying? I have even been kidnapped by ritualists just because I wanted to be nice. They released me sha, that's why I can blog today. Lol

    Be nice, but excercise caution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmn, thank God ooo!
      But we shouldn't neglect the act of kindness, just because. Nowadays, we are so engrossed in our lives, in making headway, that we no longer have feelings for the next person. Life will be much sweeter if we consider our neighbour.

      Delete
    2. @@ilola: Inasmuch as it is dangerous to do some sort of good in this part of the globe,it shouldn't stop us.Also,there are other avenues to show kindness to people.

      Thank God you were released o cos it is an honor knowing you.

      Delete
    3. @Ema Leeecious: I agree with you.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing this. Indeed, we tend to judge people from our own comfort zones without really knowing their stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You see why i'm always nice to you eh? i'm awaiting a lovely car on my birthday. it's in August so you have plenty time to get all the hints i'll be dropping hehehe.

    I love the poem. Really thought provoking. IMO, even when we've walked a mile in other people's shoes, we still should not judge cos people react to stuff differently but the truth is, we're human and every does this in varying degrees. God help us

    @Atilola, please share that story o! what happened? where? when? how?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lmaooo at dropping hints to get the car gift...u sure make me laugh every time...

      Delete
    2. @Toinlicious: So you're nice to me for your selfish reason eh?! I was waiting for you to talk true nau! LOL

      Well said,we should really avoid judging cos people react differently to situations.

      Delete
  5. Wow! Yes oh kindness is key..
    I love love the poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really lovely story...A great thing to pay it forward...see that smile on the person's face and you become a better person for it... Still, we have to be cautious on how we display this act of kindness what with all the eerie happenings in naija

    As for the poem, I really love it...sparks the thought-waves...

    Btw, wishing your brother a happy and fantastic married life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True,we have to be cautious in showing kindness with the way Nigeria is,but it shouldn't stop our kindness regardless.

      Thanks alot for the wishes.

      Delete
  7. I can completely relate to the story but more importantly, the message behind it.

    Acts of kindness and charitable giving are things that resonates very well with me and if we do more of them, then I believe the world will surely be a better place to live in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. While I will not precisely recommend the sort of kindness shown in the story, I will still say, a little act of kindness goes a long way. I am sure that this the overarching theme and it shouldnt be down-played.
    Happy married life to your brother. Na to do omugwo remain...:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kindness is kindness,it doesn't matter the avenue through which it is passed.

      Omugwo ke?! I better leave that to my mother.

      Delete
  9. awesome story..
    these lil instances teaches us a lot..
    kindness always give sweet fruits :)
    that momentary smile and and satisfaction is worth :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so on point Jyoti,kindness indeed yield sweet fruits.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. feeling this message. I like the term Pay it forward!

    I am with @ilola exercise caution especially with strangers..because people ave bad experiences doesnt mean we should not be kind just be led

    kindess should be a part of us..., we should start with our families, many people are not kind to their family members so how can u be kind to a stranger?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you,if it's hard for some people to love their families,it's easier for them to be awful to people they don't know.

      Delete
  12. True,many people are not kind to their own families and so it'ڪ easy to be cruel to other people.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its the 2nd time am coming across the FB writeup u shared,and it still has the same touching effect on me.

    Really treat others the way you would want to be treated.

    WORD!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Acts of kindness does pay, but I agree with @ilola. I love the poem. Makes me pause and think before acting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is imperative to pause and think before acting so as to avoid making some mistakes.

      Delete
  15. I read that poem a couple of days back and it really hit home. It's really easy to sit and judge people without realising that life has dealt them some hard cards and they're only trying to make the best of the situation.

    God bless you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judging is very easy really.God bless you for reading.

      Delete
  16. This is a great post and a wake up call.

    thank you dear

    ReplyDelete
  17. Once again, your English language skill was poor. You write as if you were talking. "The man gave the man the man's car, so the man said that man to tell this man N200,000 and the man returned those men's car". Please, I got confused with which man was who. These people commenting won't be honest but I will.

    The only thing that made sense was the poem you copied and you should have noticed from what most of the comments focused on.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmm, I've learnt something from this post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have to say that your poem touched me so much. Really

    Adiya
    Muse Origins FB

    p.s incidentally, right now i'm listening to Nicklebacks' If Everyone Cared. So fitting for this post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The poem isn't mine,got it from a friend on Facebook.

      Nickleback sings very good,though they sometimes get too hard into rock and i'm more of a soft/alternative rock person.

      Delete
  20. Such a deep poem and write-up. I want to be like you when I grow up, seriously. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Myne,you have succeeded in making me blush.Thanks alot dear.

      Delete
  21. Nice one.. i really love the poem...
    Please read my blog

    http://agrodolce-agrodolce.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. we are so encompassed by stories of evil through television, the internet, and radio that we have lost our ability to trust in strangers and so view others as potential threats instead of neighbors. It is hard to be helpful to someone when you have learned that strangers can be killers, rapists and evil.Modern day "self protection". If we all turned off our electronic appliances and went about our business,I strongly believe we could trust in the world again and in each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is something to be thought about.Well said!

      Delete
    2. I was about saying the same thing. I'd really love to be nice and kind to strangers but I'd most likely do that in an organized way. Sincerely if I was the driver that saw that car on the way to Kaduna, especially if the road was lonely, I wouldn't have stopped. Too many evil these days makes it hard for one to care for his neighbour.

      Delete