Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sacrifice is what grown ups do

Hey people,how have you y'all been? I know some of you are doing great cos i talk to you somewhat often.Thank God for the people who have succeeded in cajoling/getting me to join the Blackberry community,i now have access to some of you outside blogville and twitter.Lest i forget,thanks alot for the comments on my last post,i have resolved to adding a page to this one rather than creating a new blog for my poems.Majority of you who left comments were for a new page and so i also think it's wise to add a new page.

I was chatting with a friend this morning and she made me laugh,kinda.She wants to be in a relationship but doesn't want to sacrifice.From the little knowledge i have acquired on earth,i know it isn't possible to have a healthy relationship with any human without the certainty of a measure of sacrifice from the parties involved.We are different just as our names and faces are different.Everyone was raised differently and has different inhibitions,beliefs and all,so it's not possible for you to meet someone that is totally like you,not possible (in Ichie Nwosu's voice)! This is where sacrifice comes in.For instance,while i was in school,i had this friend who hated house chores,meanwhile his roommates didn't find it funny.He had to sacrifice because he realized there's always going to be dispute if he continues the way he was going.If you are in a relationship and you don't see the need to sacrifice,i assure you you'd be out of it in no time.I mean,we sometimes laugh,talk,dance,shout,etc when we don't feel like it,all in a bid to make that person we care about happy.As part of my growing process,i realized i became very composed.I mean,my house is always so neat that you don't see anything out of place.If i get back from work,i put everything in it's rightful place,regardless of whether i'm tired or not.I had a friend come spend a few days in my house because he had a seminar to attend in the city where i am.He came late so when we got to the house we just talked generally and slept.The next day,i got up early as usual and left for work,but when i got back,i realized he wasn't the kind of person i could stay with.But because he was a guest,i had to sacrifice my comfort so he won't feel unwelcome.Unmade bed,clothes haphazardly dropped,i was running mad in my head but hid my feelings just so i don't make him feel unwelcome.This was just someone who came to spend a few days.But there are people who are a part of our daily lives and their ways aren't like ours,but the love we have for them is the reason we'll consider sacrificing.Let me give you a story.A friend of mine was having issues with his gurlfriend and,as usual,i got involved in it.After hearing from both ends,i realized the issue was that she has male friends and he's not comfortable with it.He said he's spoken to her about it but she's not letting them go and so i asked him one question,do you love her? His answer was yes.So i told him to let her be.I told him she has the right to have friends who are guys as far as she stay faithful to him.I told him to sacrifice his feeling as regards that and just let her be.He did and right now they're doing good.She still has her male friends and he's pretending he doesn't know.

Finally,you sacrifice your time to visit this blog simply because you love me,you know you do so don't even front!!! Finally,finally,if you know the sacrifices our parents made just so we'd turn out the way we are now,you'd know the importance of sacrifice.Have a very pleasant day people.

45 comments:

  1. @ur last paragraph: Puleeze *points and scoffs* ;)

    I'm sure your friend is kidding. Sacrifice is inevitable in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stop fronting Toinlicious,you know you love me.*wink*

      Well,she might or she might also be serious.

      Delete
  2. Hmm this post definitely makes sense. sacrifice is inevitable in life. however each person needs to know how far they can go as some sacrifices are unnecessary. In your case for instance I doubt you would want to marry a scattered or unneat person. Since marriage is forever sacrificing your neat nature might just be a lost cause except of course you found out after marriage which will just be sad. na to dey sacrifice dey go ni o. lol

    So yes we all need to sacrifice in life but some sacrifices are not just necessary and can be avoided.

    re your last statement. lol.. I can't say that I love you as I am just getting to know you. i do like your blog though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry aloted,when you get to know me you'd love me also.*grin*

      I agree with you,some sacrifices are out-rightly unnecessary.

      Delete
  3. Lol as to your last comment, yeah, we love you!!!

    And yes, sacrifice is the only thing that can make us actually move forward in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmmm,you know i love y'all too right? Really,sacrifice is what can make us move forward.

      Delete
  4. No relationship can survive without sacrifice, thats the fact

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Toin, perfection doesn’t exist which makes sacrifice/compromise inevitable in all situations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't go through life without sacrifices. I sacrifice part of my time to come to your blog and comment on your post. That is one huge sacrifice i tell you lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's a huge sacrifice and that's how i know you love me.LOL Just so you know,i do appreciate the love.

      Delete
  7. I think sacrifice is a big part of life and even more so in a relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha love your last paragraph...chai at the hardest sacrisfices we have to make sometimes in the name of love....sometime I say to myself "did i just let that go" but at the end of the day the joy in the other's person's life covers up for it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks YSU.Love makes us make some very annoying sacrifices o.

      Delete
  9. Hmm, Love is more than a noun -it is a verb; it is more than a feeling - it is caring, it is sharing, it is helping, it is SACRIFICING

    ReplyDelete
  10. You called it 'sacrifice', I regard it as 'expense'. Like businesses we had to make 'sacrifices' BUT there had to be a limit. What I would suggest you tell her was how much sacrifice was too much, and enough.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmmmnnn....very correct. Even Christ, the almighty had to sacrifice (yes am a pastor.lol. i think sacrifice is a part of every relationship, not just d boyfrnd girlfrnd type, even in friendship, family, office..........everywhere
    yeah, we lurvvvv you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth talk Luciano and yes,i know you love me and i love yous too! *wink*

      Delete
  12. hmm.. I Wouldn't say love o...
    ok maybe... ok.. naw... lol

    Anyway, I think your pretty spot on with the idea of sacrificing. I would also like the idea of compromise more. i.e. If I am emotionally expressive and you are not..Sometimes a long hug would do just fine.

    or.. to take up your previous example... as the boy I would ask my roomates to allow me to do one or two of the little chores like Take out the trash or clean the windows..rather than mop or sweep the floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your reasoning is rational Mikki,compromise is the lil brother of sacrifice.Meanwhile i know you love me,don't even front.LOL

      Delete
  13. Sacrifice/compromise is one of the key ingredients for a viable relationship and/or love. I don't know of any kind of bond that does not require some form of 'self-less, sacrificial' giving. Not one. Nice, kept me reading-Glad I came by-blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're spot on.Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  14. I agree with you on almost every count. Sacrifice/selflessness and compromise are key ingredients to making ANY kind of relationship work. The question is, how much is too much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my humble opinion,if you make sacrifices at your expense every time,then it's too much.The person/people you're making sacrifices for should be able to meet you half way.

      Delete
  15. Just realized my comment is similar to the one above mine lol! Next time I'll read through...
    Really cool blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha It's iight,it's even a bit different.

      Delete
  16. lmho eh ehn... so we're all here because we love you? Don't jinx yourself o, before you'll put up a post and everyone will decide to test you by not commenting. lol, kidding

    On a serious note though, anyone who is not ready to sacrifice is not ready for a relationship, period! Except if she didn't elaborate on the kind of sacrifices like church time, celibacy and all of that serious ish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah,i know you people won't do that to me.LOL

      I believe she meant general sacrifices.She just wants things to be the way they are now that she's single and when she'd be in a relationship.

      Delete
  17. Nodding my head in full agreement..
    one can never have a successful relationship of any kind without a sacrifice of some kind...
    even when we have pets in our house, no matter in what mood or hurry u r.. u gotta take care of them.. thatz wat is love n it truly needs bits of sacrifices :)

    Fantastic read !!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. for a relationship to work, both parties must be willing to be selfless and considerate. that's what love does.
    first time here,thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything you wrote rings true. If you don't want to make any sacrifices, stay single. You can't eat your akara and have it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahahaha @ you can't eat your akara and have it.Thanks a lot for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  21. SACRIFICES MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND BRO>. Been a Min..

    ReplyDelete
  22. i sha think once in a while you need to leave the sacrifice zone because, must people forget you are actually making a sacrifice and start to see it as their right or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a point there.Sacrifices shouldn't come always unless it's reciprocated.

      Delete
  23. You can't get something for nothing. Sacrifice is part and parcel of every aspect of human life and if you can't give then don't expect to take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well spoken.Should I be saying welcome back?

      Delete