Friday, February 3, 2012

Imperfect me

I know i am not perfect
I still stumble in my confusions
I still grope in the darkness of ignorance
I still wallow in the uncertainty of my actions
I still ignorantly ignite anger
I still get trapped in my inhibitions
I still get weighed down by my unbelief
I still get tired of it all
I acknowledge the fact
I acknowledge that i'm imperfect
But God still cares
He's still faithful
He's still merciful
He's still gracious
He's still by my side as He's always been
He's never left me for a second
Even in my imperfection
He remained perfect for me
Even in my unbelief
He still believes in me
The perfect God loves an imperfect me


This was written just now.Guess i'm in one of such sober moods.Don't get me wrong,i'm awesome as usual.In fact,it's as a result of my awesomeness that i got overwhelmed by the one who always makes me awesome.Have a very pleasant day people and know that if all else fails,God never fails,if everyone deserts you,the sure one who'll be there is God.

38 comments:

  1. Yes! he is always merciful and faithful even in our unfaithfulness. Nice one, have a blessed weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks alot Priscy and have yourself a fabulous weekend too.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely poem. Ur awesomeness is rubbing off :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toinlicious and it's a good thing the awesomeness is rubbing off you.

      Delete
  4. lovely poem. I can so relate. like my blog profile says- 'I may not be perfect, but I'm redeemed, loved and accepted by God!'

    Btw the soulsistas are doing a giveaway here- http://soulsistasheart.blogspot.com/2012/01/soulsistas-book-giveaway.html

    And started a love chronicles series as well here- http://soulsistasheart.blogspot.com/2012/02/marriage-is-beautiful-thing-gbemi.html

    Do check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hate u...

    cuz that was so nice!

    Have a good weekend hun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha Thanks for the hate,i know what it means.LOL

      Delete
  6. Good one!! God NEVER EVER fails .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man is a product of imperfection but God is the only one that can perfect our ways. Nice one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice. Have a wondeful long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very well said...

    My favorite line:

    "Even in my unbelief
    He still believes in me
    The perfect God loves an imperfect me"

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice piece... God remains the only perfect being.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Feels like something I would have written in primary school...since it's about Almighty God, people will say "it's nice".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. waka pass abeg, if you don't have "nice" things to say either have the decency to be vague or say nothing at all.

      And yes, since it's about God e no mata how anybody talk am, sincerity and innocence is always welcome

      Delete
    2. @adebsrk: Thanks all thesame oga.LOl

      @dosh: Thanks dosh!

      Delete
  12. Eyon gidi, I loved this post. God bless your dear heart jare, Jesus asked us to come to God with hearts like children's and this is a very good example

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks alot jare dosh.The idea was to be as plain as possible.

      Delete
  13. @adebrsk, u n dis ur mouth enn
    nice poem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are helping him thank God for his mouth.LOL

      Thanks Luciano.

      Delete
  14. You've shown a great talent in writing there mate!

    ReplyDelete