Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The fuss is over

Hey people,it's been a while right? Yeah,i know.But good thing is i try not to allow cobwebs to surface in this hood (blog). How have y'all been though?

Somehow,this past Valentine's day seemed a bit different.Various shows and all.Even the ambiance was quite different from what i used to know.TV,Radio,Streets,it was everywhere.The fuss was the peak of the craze.Twitter was crazy even days before it and i couldn't help but wonder,all these fuss just for a day?! I decided not to even do anything on that day based on all the stuffs i saw.A gurl even asked a question on Twitter on Val's day that got me kinda upset and it was "What would one do when another guy's gift topples ones boyfriend's gift on Val's day?". I mean like WTF?! Is that even a question? It's so annoying to know that for lots of people,Valentine's day is all about gifts or going out to exotic places and all.I mean,is that what the day is even about? Don't get me wrong,buying gifts or taking your loved one out on that day isn't a bad thing,but it's bad when you make gifts or going out a big deal.

As far as i'm concerned,gifts should be bought regularly and lovers should go out regularly too,it shouldn't be on that day alone.Also,the fuss that people make on that day is unnecessary.For some,it's the day they show love to their partners.Is that even a conceivable idea?! Abeg,i no wan talk too much.Have a swell week ahead people.

24 comments:

  1. Welikom back o. Let everyone do as they are pleased joo. Some people's shallowness are exhibited on that day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks @ilola.Yeah,some people's shallowness were exhibited that day.

      @Ema Leecious: Yes o,to each his own!

      Delete
  2. thank God ure back. i cant even start to talk about the whole val craze, it was like thats the only day ppl have to express themselves. u show love everyday, not just once a year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True,love is not a one day thing,but an evryday thing.

      Delete
  3. I respect whatever way people choose to celebrate Val's day. I just wish we can spare some thought for those that face deprivation in different ways and forms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Hahahahaha I no go talk too much jare.

      Delete
  5. Hey awesome...its been a bit
    @Naija4Life: Very well said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My very own Dayor,it really has been a while.Thanks though.

      Delete
  6. In my dictionary,gift is gift..i buy what i like and can only hope you Love it,anyway i broke the *dont Buy gifts on vals day this year* :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. looool @ the silly question "What would one do when another guy's gift topples ones boyfriend's gift on Val's day?".
    This years val's day was quite hilarious especially as alot of people wore the red and white on the streets of Lagos.

    http://madamchiso.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. oddly enough, i agree with u on this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vals sha. I was busy with the docs most of the day. My lil niece told me about how they were told to wear a touch of red and take a gift school for a group visit to the motherless babies. Now that's what i call vals :-)

    In a totally unrelated matter, how come you're not following my blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw ur comment on Okeoghene's. ahahahah the doc i was supposed to c is a female (married even) but she was busy so i saw a *cough* cute male doc instead. Lets just say, i bought myself a cake and ate it all but u can sing cos i met another *cough* cute doc :D

      Delete
    2. I knew someone had a val.Hahahahaha Hope it went well though?

      Delete
  10. Exactly..I love Val oo but do I have to wait till a certain day for the guy to show me how much he loves me?!!!..

    What happened to the other 364 days? Enough said!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enough said jare.Love should be an everyday thing.

      Delete