Monday, February 27, 2012

Eni ti a fe la mo

I can almost see the confused look on some of your faces caused by the title.Hahahahahahaha Don't be confused,just ask the person close to you,he/she just might be Yoruba.Now the next question is am i Yoruba by tribe? The answer is no,i mean look at my name nau.Hehehehehehehe I was born in a yoruba locality so wonder no more how i am able to speak the language.

The meaning of the title of this post is; It is the one who love that we know.I love that proverb a whole lot because it makes a whole lot of sense.For those who believe in love and who are in love,does it occur to you that it is strong faith? I know you've read in articles and have been told a million times that if someone loves you,you'd know by their actions.But in the real sense,you never know who loves you.A person might do all the right things at the right times to prove his/her love,but might still wake up one morning and just walk right out of your life.I have read stories,heard stories and even had an experience of my own to back up my claim and i know some of you have stories too to back me up on this.I can just imagine what was going through the mind of the originator of that proverb.He/she probably had one or a few experiences.The truth is,we never know who loves us,all we know are the ones we love and that's why we do the things we do.If you have this kind of faith that someone loves you (when in the actual sense you don't even know that),then you should have faith concerning everything because faith is that strong!!! Have a nice week ahead people!

27 comments:

  1. Your post makes a lot of sense. I have heard this proverb lots of times. Though, it wasnt really referring to romantic love.
    I believe it was referring to you being open minded, liking and believing in someone, but you cannot truly ascertain that it is the exact way the person feels in return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks alot @ilola.Meanwhile in my understanding,it has more than one meaning.Depending on the context in which it would be used.

      Delete
  2. Hahahahahah... I didn’t even read the title in Yoruba... O mine. I agree with you 100%... it is extremely difficult to predict other people thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not just difficult,but impossible.In my own opinion though!

      Delete
  3. I guess it just goes to say that you only know yourself n can vouch for just you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAOO!!! I saw the title too and did a double take!
    Hi5 jare on being able to "spake" Yoruba.
    The proverb is really true and is applicable to all spheres of human life....It is almost similar to loving without really expecting anything in return because you never know.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you because you sabi book.*kiss*

      Delete
  5. Niiiiiicceee!!! Somehow I'm not sure i ever looked at it that way, a different perspective is always refreshing.

    Lol @ the title, with the little Yoruba i understand i was only able to make sense of it only after reading the meaning smh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cool to know you understand Yoruba.Bawo ni? LOL

      Delete
  6. so i told my colleagues this proverb (in yoruba) and they've been laughing since.........(my yoruba is berrd.lol)
    i totally agree, you can be sure about who you love, you just have to be careful when ppl tell you they love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah so much on point.Don't worry,you'll polish your yoruba.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't understand Yoruba that much, but thank God you interpreted it, else my Yoruba friends will just end up pulling my legs again.
    True talk for those who believe in love, I don't. Except for God's love. Believe in something is like putting all your strength and fighting for what you believe.
    @ luciano were have you been all this while, I haven't seen a new post on your blog
    @honeydame and naijafoodie true talk ------> www.ysincerely.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmm,i don't know what to say about your not believing in love.All i know is that it sure exists and is a beautiful thing.Although man's love has it's limitation as opposed to God's love.Thanks for stopping by though!

      Delete
  9. My yoruba dictionary tried, said like instead of love :)

    Totally agree with you. You can only be sure of your own love, as for how the other person feels, you take it by faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure get my point.LOL @ your yoruba dictionary.

      Delete
  10. I totally agree with you on this....yea, Faith is strong like that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. #Gbam!to your words on this post.
    Believing someone loves U̶̲̥̅̊ and your faith in that person go hand in hand. #DeepThought.

    Nb:I am commenting o......
    Btw ope u also speak yhur own dialect..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Tamie,you know it means alot na.LOL

      Yeah,i can actually speak my dialect to an extent.

      Delete
  12. The part that got to me is the faith aspect of this. I've never thought of love and faith being two sides of a coin... Very thought provoking.

    On a lighter note, I'm so ashamed to say I lived in a yoruba state for 6yrs and I cannot fluently speak the language! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.So you don't feel bad,i stayed in a northern state for 6yrs but can't speak Hausa.

      Delete
  13. What's up colleagues, fastidious paragraph and fastidious urging commented at this place, I am actually enjoying by these.
    Also visit my web page - Golden Virginia tobacco

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's certainly a lot to learn about this topic. I like all the points you have made.
    Look at my web site ... samson tobacco

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my first time visit at here and i am
    really pleassant to read all at single place.
    Here is my site : van nelle tobacco

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a data of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable familiarity regarding
    unpredicted emotions.
    Check out my web blog :: best acne treatment For Teens

    ReplyDelete