Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Poetic Thought: GRAVITY’S FIRST FAILURE

I've actually become lazy and can't blog these days.However,i am determined not to let cobwebs appear here so i'd be putting up poems.Here's one i wrote some time back,enjoy!


GRAVITY’S FIRST FAILURE

For the very first time

Gravity failed

I was taken off the ground 

And so without wings

For eternity did I suspend

The first time we kissed

With your lips joined to mine

I felt my heart stop beating

While I yet lived

Whether in anticipation

Whether for love

Or for any other reason

I do not seem to comprehend

But I connected the ground a very proud man

For I defiled gravity

And did so without wings

With the mere touch of your lips on mine

15 comments:

  1. Woooww. So cool. I couldn't have linked the title of the poem with what it actually conveyed

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite a romantic poem. The use of love to disprove one of the greatest scientific theory around is quite remarkable, thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks alot Naija4life,you know when the head is used,amazing things happen.

      Delete
  3. oh gooooooooodness, here we freaking go with this! *pouting*

    you already know i luv ur poetry so u can just ignore all that forming above lol.

    *waves hello* i'm slightly outta my mind right now, can u tell??? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehehehe Yeah,i can tell you're a lil outta your mind.LOL

      Delete
    2. rude, ur not supposed to agree lol

      Delete
  4. *cough cough* Awwwwww.... this is very romantic and captivating. Very well written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why're you coughing? *hands her a glass of water* Sorry ehn?! LOL

      Thanks though!

      Delete
  5. "For I defiled gravity

    And did so without wings

    With the mere touch of your lips on mine"

    one word! soothing....very soothing *hmmmmmmmmm*

    ReplyDelete
  6. If this is what defying gravity is all about. I want to keep defying it, lol.
    I love it

    ReplyDelete