Thursday, December 15, 2011

My dad got married

Hey people,i told you i was back didn't i? Anyway,i presume you've been well.As for me,i still can't explain the extreme happiness i've been feeling since last week.I just get overwhelmed by this feeling of happiness and i know God is behind it.No,i've not won a jackpot yet,or at least i've not be contacted yet.hehehehehehe

Yeah,back to the main koko this very lovely day.This post ought to have been up a long time ago,don't know why i never put it up.Anyway,lemme give you a brief history of me and my dad.I've been living with my mum since i was born and my relationship with my dad has been awkward.However,in recent years we've been trying to work on it.Before i continue,i'd like to say i've grown in these recent years.When i say 'grown',i'm not talking age-wise,but in terms of wisdom.You'll get to know why in a moment.Formally i could go a year without talking to my dad and not even feel it.If you're guessing we don't see,then your guess is sooo right.Truth is,i never even felt it.But in recent years,like i mentioned earlier,we've been working on our relationship and so we talk sort of often.Well,if you call once a month or almost two months often.The reason is not unconnected to the fact that he use to take me to be very unserious and he used to say stuffs like "If you like,be unserious with your life and think you'd come and inherit my money".Those words rang in my head for a long time and i've been a workaholic ever since.I just knew i have to prove to him he's so wrong and i ain't gonna think of his money ever.But as time went on,i realized i was making a mistake.I shouldn't prove anything to him,i should prove to myself that i was awesome (yeah,bite me!).So right now,i don't prove to anyone but to myself.

Anyway,when he started knowing of my achievements,the old man really buckled up and really started trying to make it work and normally i would've made it hell for him,but because i grew in wisdom,i met him halfway.A few weeks back,things took a new toll,i mean his respect for me became very pronounced and heightened.He came to my house for the very first time and he was very proud and impressed and kept on saying it.Now,to the main koko.He told me he got married.Yeah,you heard right! He got married and i wasn't even aware of it! Guess what i did?! I gave him flying head boot,jabbed him on his lips and finished him up with a kick before walking him out of my house  I simply told him i wasn't happy about the fact that he didn't inform me about it and he apologized.That was it! I saw that he was ashamed of his action,he even was trying hard to avoid the subject,but i'm too stubborn to let him off the hook.Anyway,i let him off easy and eventually he left,happy! So here's the thought,my dad is married and he's definitely gonna have kids and i'm gonna be over thirty years older than his first kid with his wife...mehn! If my ex hadn't lost our child,my child would've been older than his first child.In as much as i'm sort of excited that i'd have younger ones,it still is funny thinking about it.If they see me and my younger ones,they'll think i'm their father...come to think of it,it's cool! Hahahahahaha Have a nice day people!

30 comments:

  1. Congrats to your dad. Thank God you guys are now cool o, there is no use carrying baggages into your future

    So you had a child with your ex??? Never knew o

    ReplyDelete
  2. @@ilola: Hey,this blog missed you no be small! Yeah,i know baggages aren't worth the trouble that was why i dropped it.Meanwhile,i don't have a child with her,she lost the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... many thoughts running thru my mind but I wont share on this comment section. BTW my uncles's first child is 36 and his last is 3... go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @P.E.T Projects: Mehn,that's some funny ish! Those comments can be expressed in camera,can't they? You know where to find me.*winks*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats To Your Dad Bro..Men Will always bond,no matter the beef history..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you put the past behind you and are forging a bond. Congrats to your dad.

    rotfl at the thought that you will be thought of as father to your younger ones.Its one of those things jare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow..u had a child?!

    ok..*shakes of shock*

    Haha that awkward moment when yourdad refers to his wife an its not your mom....very awkward... *Coming from experience*

    ReplyDelete
  8. meanwhile, today was my birthday. just sayin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow... Glad you both put the past behind. There is nothing better than having a good relationship with your parents when you are an adult yourself. Very fulfilling. I am also glad that you were able to command his respect by your own accomplishments. Way to go!!!

    PS: Sorry abt the lost little one...:(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm...I'm glad it's now working out between you and your Dad, and that you've met now and can talk man to man, I think it's very important as you plan to start your own family. Congrats to him on his marriage, I was wondering, do you have siblings on your mum's side?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Father-son relationship is important so it is such a pity these days that men leave the women to raise the kids. That one sha is by the way. Congrats to your dad.Dont worry, when you start having kids, some of your kids might be older than their "uncles or aunts".

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww thats pretty awesome that y'all reunited and big congrat to your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ppl always find it hard to build a relationship w/ a parent that wasnt around....i'm glad u guys worked it out...it takes a lot

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy reunion n m happy for u :P
    for a moment when I saw the title of the post I Was shocked lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. @DIDI: Yeah bro,men will always just find a way to renew their bond,not matter the beef.

    @Ema Leecious: Yeah,i'm glad we did too.

    @Mikki: I didn't really have a child because she lost the pregnancy before six months.

    Yeah,that moment would be awkward.But good thing is i won't be around them so much.LOL

    @LadyNgo: Hahahahahahaha I know cutie.Happy birthday once again.

    @MrsEdem: Thanks alot.

    @Myne Whitman: Yeah,i have a brother from my mother.

    @Okeoghene: Hahahahahaha That'll be very funny though.Calling someone your uncle when you're some years older.It's even funny thinking about it.LOL

    @Ms.Yellow Sisi Unspoken: Yeah.Thanks alot.

    @Shereen: Yeah,thanks.

    @Jyoti Mishra: Thanks alot dear.Meanwhile i was almost shocked when i knew.

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank God for the reconciliation between you and your dad. I guess your dad don trow you challenge be that o!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @NigerianOnDaDL: Thank you on his behalf.

    @Priscy: Hahahahahaha I'm gonna go with my pace o.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's a good thing that you guys are now in good terms with each other. Lol @ the thoughts going through your head. Just relax jor and let things unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Che: I really am trying to chill,trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats to your dad, man and glad you both reunited!

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Daij: Thanks alot Daij and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats to ur dad.
    Its gud ure now close

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear would-have-been-Mrs9ja Great,

    If only you knew what you were loosing.

    Signed,
    One-of-the-possible-future-Mrs9jaGreat lol

    Congrats to your dad altho the children thing wuld def be weird

    ReplyDelete
  24. First time here & nice blog!.... Congrats to ur dad & Thank God u were able to work things out with him.

    Pls cherish ur parents, they are the best family you'd ever have, show them all the love u can now. This is coming from someone who knows...

    ReplyDelete
  25. @dayor: Thanks alot dear.

    @Luciano: Yeah,thanks!

    @Toinlicious: Hahahahahahaha You always have a way of putting a smile on my face.I don marry you finish sef.Thanks alot cutie! *kisses*

    @Beulah: Thank you very much for stopping by.I'm kinda aware of the importance of my parents that's why i try not to take things far.Thanks alot though.

    ReplyDelete
  26. first time here...
    good to hear you and ur dad are workingg things out..

    now that picture you painted is funny..lol 30 years older than ur sibling...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That makes you a grown and worthy man - understanding.Congrats to your 'Old Man'

    ReplyDelete
  28. @aloted: Hahahahahaha But it's true you know.I keep laughing each time i think of it.Meanwhile,thanks alot for visiting.

    @Vacancies in Nigeria: Thanks alot and thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete