Wednesday, August 24, 2011

If i don't comment on your blog,it's likely your fault

Blogsville is a very lovely place.You get to meet people of different beliefs and ideas and inhibitions and what have you.The beautiful thing about it is that we live like a family,showing care and concern through comments that are in the forms of encouragements,criticisms and the likes.The way it works is if you visit my blog,i'll visit yours...if you comment on my blog,i'll comment on yours.Yeah,that's how it works,people tend to reciprocate your attitude towards their blogs.

However,sometimes people visit blogs and leave without leaving any comment,not because they don't feel like it,but because the blog owner make it too difficult to do so.I mean,why will i have to waste my time re-writing a group of letters just to post a comment up on your blog? The one that is even more frustrating is this new 'Disqus'.I just noticed it this few days and trust me,it's extremely annoying.Lots of times i visit cool blogs and after reading try dropping comments but end up leaving with my comments stuck on the tip of my fingers...Log in with twitter,then when you click a new window pops up and you wait for it to load,in Nigeria network speed is almost a mirage.After it loads,sometime it still takes you back to the same place you were.Abeg tell me,what will you have me do when this happens? I mean,there are other good blogs where comments need to be left.I know you're trying to make your blog all beautiful and all,but you don't need to make it difficult for your visitors to drop comments.If you ever read one of Myne Whitman's blog post about improving your blog,you'd see she dissuaded bloggers from using Word Verification and personally i do too because it is plain annoying.If you missed the post,here it is,you'll find it really resourceful I want more comments.

So if you're wondering why i don't drop comments on your blog often while you do on my blog,well,wonder no more.I look forward to seeing changes and you'll notice changes in my dropping comments on your blog too.

31 comments:

  1. I shall gladly do as if I dint read the disqus part of this post, since I am a candidate of Disqus!
    LoL--I havent heard of this problem of my darlyn disqus o, so I dont have a solution but i'd try to look it up and see if any solution is online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Giagerry: Hahahahahaha Please do o,i really hate the stress associated with making comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, Disqus is extremely annoying, I have had to use it lots lately and i cringe every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @9jaFOODie: I knew it couldn't be just me.Thanks o jare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Disqus? I am yet to see that one. But the word verification thing?!!!Oh lord! Many a time, I would type up comments, hit "post" and comot there only for me to go back later and not find my comment anymore because I forgot to wait for the word verification thingy

    ReplyDelete
  6. @HoneyDame: ROFLMAO I can imagine how you felt on such occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So if i switch to Disqus your gonna stop commenting on my blog??? lol

    I actually like Disqus because it allows me to keep track of a lot of the comments/conversations i leave in diff blogs in and out of blogsville.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @LadyNgo: I'm gonna do my very best to keep commenting ma.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. true u have a point especially that word verification thing, it drives me nuts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Word Verification is annoying but even more annoying is having to log on just to leave a comment--long tin!!

    I mean i get people wanting to protect their blogs n not allowing anon comments but for non-frequent bloggers who aren't always logged into blogger its irksome. I don't even bother most times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I soo hate disqus. It has prevented me from commenting on people's blogs when the connection is slow.

    On another note, I visit your blog and comment 99% of the time, but you don't reciprocate as you claimed in this post o. And I don't use disqus or word verification. So which one is my own 'sin'?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ehn ehn 9-ja great, answer @ilola o. I so feel you about the comment wahala.

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol yeah verification stuff can be very annoying

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've got word verification on your Motivational and Relationship blog o but I was still patient to drop a comment. Paaaaatiience!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i don't like Disqus either Giagerry and Kitkat take note :p

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was thiking I had to bring up that my post again, because honestly that word verification is DOA, esp now I basically type with one hand. Thanks for calling it out again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. hate word verification!!!! they r lyk arrrghhh!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Dayor: Thanks jare.

    @R.One: I so feel you.

    @@ilola: I am very very sorry and that ends now! Thanks for your understanding.

    @Sisi Yemmie: Thanks jare.

    @Okeoghene: I have seen @ilola in camera.LOL

    @Ms.Yellow Sisi Unspoken: I know right!

    @mstizzle: That blog isn't exactly functional,but i'll remove it asap.And thanks for the patience sha.LOL

    @Abi Tobi: Hahahahaha,those 2 have it on their blog.

    @Myne Whitman: No problem Myne,it's an issue that needs addressing and you've done well in addressing it.That your arm had better co-operate fast o,there are writings to be done.

    @@Aseni: Trust me,i so feel you on that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I started using disqus because people that didnt have blogger accounts where unable to drop comments.. if u try real well, u shld be able to drop a comment :'(

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Kitkat: Trying real well takes time and there are other blogs that needs to be visited and commented on.People without blogger account can always drop comments,you just have allow that in you settings.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Finally, he blogs about it! I have screamed and screamed on twitter but they didnt listen
    If you notice, its the peeps from 'the abroad' that use Disco abi na Disqus the most!


    BTW, been a while, missed you and this space... blame the day job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. @P.E.T Projects: The Discus thingy is very annoying actually.Meanwhile,i'm glad you missed me o,cos i thought i was the only one doing the missing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. btw are u "9jaman" on twitter? ... just curious

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Abi Tobi: Yeah,i'm a twitter addict sort of.My handle is ekpedekumoebila.

    ReplyDelete
  26. ohh those word-verification are very irritating..
    thank god somebody blogged abt it :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lol, I'm GUILTY!!!
    I haven't experienced disqus and that's probably a cue that I need to do more of commenting.

    God help me

    ReplyDelete
  28. @Oluwatobi: Disquis is very annoying,i mean extremely annoying.

    ReplyDelete