Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Poetic Path: A STRANGER STARING AT ME

Sometimes when i read my poems,i marvel at my own imagination.How i do it,i don't know but i really let my imagination run wild.Here's a piece i wrote sometime towards the end of last year,enjoy.



A STRANGER STARING AT ME
Slowly
My feet developed a brain of its own
Slowly and involuntarily
I stopped
Or my feet stopped me
I looked around
Trees, tall grasses, dead shrubs
I looked down
And again trees, tall grasses, dead shrubs
All floating this time on d water
But it wasn't d trees,
Nor the tall grasses swaying from side to side
As controlled by the wind
Neither was it the dead shrubs that made me go down on one knee
But an image caught my attention
Vague resemblance
I'm too lazy to think
But I was forced to ponder for moments on end
My image was supposed to stare back at me
But i'm seeing something different
Sunken eyes wit shadow
And in the eyes are deep pains
A very big frown plastered the face
Beards reminds me of pictures of Abraham i use to see in Sunday school when i was young,
My image is lost inside this water somewhere
Cos what i'm seeing is a stranger staring at me
Could it be someone drowned?
Crazy
Those eyes are alive
Though full of anguish
Maybe it's a picture that fell into the water
But pictures have borders
I don't care what my head is telling me
That is not me
The image staring back it me is that of a stranger
When did i get so lost?
When did my eyes gather so much pain?
When did my problems register on my face?
No
That can't be me
That is a stranger
That is optical illusion
That is a picture
That is whatever
But certainly not me

10 comments:

  1. we sometimes get lost/carried away with life (and its happenings) that we slowly become who we dread... But there's always a way back :)

    Nice Poem x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Abi Tobi: Yeah yeah...hehehehehe. Thanks alot thought!

    @9jaFOODie: Yeah,my imagination is wild like that.*wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastically written
    I must say u r very imaginative.

    I loved the line
    "I'm too lazy to think "..... i read it and wondered yeah so many times we think like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jyoti Mishra: What can i say?! Tanks alot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. curse you and your wonderful way with words (<---see those alliteration skills! lol) #sarcasm

    me likey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done. When we are young we wish to be grown. When we are grown we long for youth and wonder where all the time went.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i usually dnt read poems but this is pretty. I know i've looked inn the mirror sometimes and literally sworer the reflection i saw was someone else lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol Kitkat! I know right? Good one dude

    It's like i've been missing your updates. Weird.

    Adiya
    http://thecornershopng.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. @LadyNgo: Hehehehehehe...blame it on my imagination.

    @Okeoghene: You're so right.Sometimes when children want to grow so bad,i wonder if they know what they're getting into.

    @Kitkat: Thanks Kitkat and yeah,there are moments like that.

    @The Corner Shop: Yeah Adiya,we've missed you around here.Sup with that though? Welcome back sha! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete