Thursday, April 28, 2011

X is for Xerox

There's this soap opera i am addicted to, How I Met Your Mother.It is a very very interesting soap about a guy,Ted Mosby,who tells the story of how he ment his wife to his kids.But this post isn't about Ted Mosby,however it's about something that occurred in the soap.Ted has a group of 5 friends,himself inclusive and they somehow managed to meet 5 different people that looked exactly like evry member of the group.The one that was striking was Barney Stinson's look-alike,the guy looked and talked like the real Barney Stinson but in contrast had beards.This brings me to the reason for this post.

What would you do if you realized there was someone out there who looked almost exactly like you with only one minute contrast? I couldn't think of something else to consider this so i opted for the word 'Xerox'.I mean,if i realized i had a look-alike,i'll consider him a photocopy,whether or not he's my senior,because i am the only original person in my own image,any other one na Xerox.Hvae you met anyone that looked very much like you that you could consider your xerox? It could be a friend who has not decided to make you his/her role model and thus talks and does everything like you.For instance,i have a friend who laughs like me these days and also is now mischievous,i consider her my xerox...or somehow at least.Have a nice day people...the remaining part of the day that is.

10 comments:

  1. hmm i haven't met one though, but yeah that cld freak me out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be so freaked out!! hahahah... I have actually seen almost every episode of How I met Your Mother, great show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ChizyK-I can imagine.hehehehe

    9jaFOODie-Freak out huh?! Yeah,it's a very nice show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear that every body has a dopellganger(sp) ie look alike. I'm yet to see mine, I think it will be awesome, lol..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would creep me out too if I ever came across someone who looked like me. :P

    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet the other person would think you are the xerox lol! Good title. And i love that series!!

    Adiya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting post, and interesting premise. I wonder what I would do if I met my xerox...

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Myne Whitman-Yeah,'dopellganger' is what it is called.I agree with you,it'll be awesome.

    Elizabeth Mueller-It's not just you,trust me.Thanks for stopping by.

    The Corner Shop-But we both would know he'll be the xerox...hehehehehe.The series is very nice actually.

    Sarah Allen-Thanks alot for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. most times pple tell me that i look like someone they know.when i was in primary school i had a look-alike,Bukola.But me know that all those my look-alike dem be my photocopy(xerox)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Helen-Yeah,they were all your photocopies...hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete