Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Is there such a thing as 'soul mates'?

I know i've been rambling on about love these few days,or maybe weeks.But don't mind me jare,i'm just getting ready to get married and settle down,boy don turn man...hehehehehehe! This topic is something that has been on my mind for some time now,SOUL MATES! There's this series is like watching; How I Met Your Mother.For those of you that know it,you should be familiar with the story line.But for the benefits of those who don't know it,it's the story of a guy (Ted Mosby) who was narrating how he met his wife to his children in a day-to-day manner.However,he isn't my focus.My focus is on Marshall and Lilly,lovers who are definitely what soul mates would be about (if there's anything like it sha o).They were just amazing.Marshall can talk to Lilly with his mind and she'll get every bit of what he said.She doesn't even need to look at him for this to happen.Lilly might be feeling pains and Marshall would be feeling it too.They can't go anywhere without each other,they can't sleep without each other,they can't do nothing without each other.The amazing thing is they were together for years,yet they didn't get tired of each other.Now that is what soul mates would mean if there was anything like it,is there? That was in the movies,but lots of things that happen in the movies are as real as lots of them are fictions.

However,i had something that was close to what Marshal and Lilly had in 'How I Met Your Mother'.We couldn't talk with our minds,we could manage to sleep without each other,we could go to the bathroom without each other.But we could read our minds.If we're talking on the phone,she can tell if something is on my mind even if i try to hide it.She knows what i want in most cases,she knows not to make me angry...But e end all thesame.So my questions are these; is there anything like soul mates? If there is,are soul mates supposed to part ways? It just get all confusing.Even in the mentioned series,at one point Marshall and Lilly broke up,though they eventually came back together and got married.Everybody always considered them soul mates (at least they ended up together).But i 'm sure there are people who were considered such who ended up apart.This is just what's been going through my eccentric mind.I would greatly appreciate answers cos i honestly don't know it all.Have a nice day people!

12 comments:

  1. Soulmates can come in many forms, ur lover can be ur soulmate, but a friend can be one to.. N if u found ur love soulmate, dat doesnt mean u will end up staying together, cos it can be possible u just dont match..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie-It's not possible to have a soul mate that doesn't match with you.That is the whole idea of being soul mates with someone,you like thesame things,do thesame activities,have thesame views on issues and so on.And i doubt if one can have a soul mate outside one's lover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guy can dey read my mind n sometimes I do wonder if he is a wizard.its good sha cos it means dere is understanding n u can watch each others back.But where e dey bad na wen u do sometin wrong n ur guy/babe sensed it n ask u n u come confess say na true I'm talk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen-It's a good thing to have someone you connect with.But my question is;is there anything like soul mates? The thing dey confuse me abeg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that wasnt d kind of matching i was talking about, thnx for setting me straight..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melanie-Sorry about the misconception then.Do u mind telling the matching you were talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  7. **pulling chair to sit while waiting for other comments**.
    My guy senses when I have not been including him in my prayers and I can kinda (& sometimes) tell when he is telling lies. I do not tell him life-altering lies because we are so much in communication with each other that I would always have to censor what I am saying, in order to sustain my lies.
    I would not equate that to being soul mates cos trust me, there are times when he is just completely CLUELESS and I have my days too. However, the concept fascinates me and I am waiting for the others to give their own 50cents too..

    ReplyDelete
  8. HoneyDame-Trust me,i am seriously awaiting those comments too.The concept is actually fascinating.*pulls a chair closer to HoneyDame with popcorn in hand*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes there are "soul mates"...i do not believe that they are created "ready made" i believe that once two people take the time to know each other and do alot of things together, and are just very interested in each other one can become someones soul mate and they do not necessarily have to end up together( it would be nice if they do...but yea) soul mates do exist, it just depends if people aare willing to take the chance to know and understand each other on another level..i hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
  10. Purple-Don't know how you got link to this blog,but i am so glsd you stopped by.You actually helped a great deal and i'm so grateful.I'm quite cleared now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Purple, good answer oh. It's much better to believe that than to look at the odds of meeting your soulmate among millions of people.

    Adiya

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Corner Shop-I thought so too Adiya.

    ReplyDelete