Thursday, March 10, 2011

Happilly never after

On a calm bright evening of January 2001,i took a stroll to my usual hang-out,the then Impact Video Club in my estate.My friend Kingsley was the manager of the video club,his brother was the owner.I think i met her there or she came and met me,but i exchanged pleasantries with a full figured,dark-skinned,fluent speaking gurl of 5 ft 8 inches.Her name was Gail and we hit it off immediately and from then on we became very good friends and got closer to each other than members of our group.She was an awesome gurl that understood me so well,even better than my other friends.We had so much in common and we shared similar view on issues.We had five guys and three gurls in the group,always together.After meeting Gail,we spent most of our days together.I hadn't gained admission into the university at that time so i was always in my hangout with my group who were just like me.However,Gail was the only person who was in the university running a basic program.So sometimes when she has lectures,she goes to school,and so it'll just be the remaining members of the group and i.I got to know about Gail than any other person in the group and so also got to know she had a boyfriend,who i even met once.Unknown to me,Gail's feelings towards me changed from that shown by a friend to that shown by a lover,but i was blind to it.However,because of the way we were,even our group at one time were suspecting we had something but we denied it till they realized we really didn't have anything.Looking back now,i know why they felt that way because we mostly held hands while walking,she mostly puts her head on my shoulder when we're seated or puts her head on my laps when she's lying down.Meanwhile i was told by my friends that she had feelings for me,but i disagreed saying she just had normal friendly feelings.

However,at the same time Gail was falling in love with me,i was busy falling in love with my friend's cousin and even told her about it (she later confessed the pain i put her through telling her about my feelings for someone else).However,the feeling i had for that gurl was not mutual in the least,so nothing happened.Gail and i continued being friends and everybody in her family even got to know who i was even though i never met them because she always talked about me.

Things changed in 2005 however when i also started developing feelings for her,four years after she had feelings for me.I tried concealing it but at a point,i almost choked on the feelings so i had to express it.That was when i received the shock of my life."I had feelings for you long ago,but you were busy falling in love with someone else so i had to suppress my feelings.And now,i really don't know" were Gail's words to me.That was her own way of saying 'No Vacancy'.At that point,i just felt like looking for a whip to use on my dumb self.All this while she's been in love with me and i'd been blind and loving someone else.Anyway,we were still friends and it was hard for me because i was crazy about this gurl.All of a sudden,i realized she had every single thing i wanted from a woman.Smart,intelligent,a great sense of humour,naughty,pretty,a very beautiful smile,nice,caring and to crown it all up,a very good cook.How the hell did i manage to be blind to her feelings? I kept asking myself.Well,we were living life as friends and it was a bit easier because at that time i had gained admission into the university.Sometimes we don't communicate for long periods of time and when we do,it was always awesome.We get mad at ourselves lots of times for various reasons,but we just didn't stay that way for long.She did stuff that made me very angry and decide not to communicate with her,but it never lasts because i always end up missing her terribly.At a point however,my feelings got the better part of me and i just couldn't hold it so i told her i we couldn't be friends anymore because i was in love with her.She tried convincing me to suppress it,but i refused to be convinced and told her to stop every form of communication.She obliged without a promise to keep to it though.But that also didn't last as i started missing her as usual.We continue our friendship but everything changed in December 2010...To be continued!


This story is actually my own love story and it's about the Ex that i refuse to talk about.I dedicate it to BSNC who has always poked me for the this gist,your gist is finally here dear.Her name changed sha,but every other thing dey as e dey.And i'm not a writer so manage the way i relate the story...hehehehehe.

16 comments:

  1. This promises to be interesting. I like the way you ended it here, very soap operay. lol
    Adiya

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be continued... as in Part 2! I'm ready to grab my copy

    LoL @ No vacancy.
    I can relate to this, although It didnt take me that long to realise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Corner Shop-Thanks Adiya.Stay tuned for the remaining gist...hehehehe!

    P.E.T Projects-You shouldn't waste time in grabbing your copy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oga Sir, i beg sir, Complete the story, haba!!! What kind of tease are you?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HoneyDame-Hehehehehehehe...DOn't worry dear,you'll the rest of the story in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. U just want us to stay tuned.. keep following u.. hmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Auuw, i hear similar stories from guys, funny how gals can hide such feelings, am waiting 4 part 2 oo lol...

    http://chizys-spyware.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww.. it's good for u sha. nxt time u wont keep a girl that's obviously interested in u waiting :p
    i just gave u an award..come to my blog to claim it as yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha.waiting for the nest installation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melanie-That's the idea dear.

    Chizy K-Yeah,you gurls always want us to do the chasing na.The story is comin soonest!

    Kitkat-Hehehehehe...I didn't mean to be blind to her feelings a.Thanks for the award though.

    Leggy-You won't wait long.

    ReplyDelete
  11. can I just say 'good for you?'

    Please? lol....i'm going to look for the conclusion

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nutty J-Yeah,you can say it...hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. You eventually told the story. Yes my delicious gist. Thanks for sharing ; ). I take style disturb you for this gist sha..lol. I thought you were never going to tell it. You are a man of your words indeed. It was even dedicated to me *beaming from ear to ear*

    This is interesting *grabs a bowl of popcorn* lemme go read the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  14. BSNC-Yes i told it and mostly because of you and that was the reason it was dedicated to you.Read the rest jare!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tisha-You don't have to wait,just check the archive and you'd have the other parts of the story.

    ReplyDelete