Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Someone to lean on

"No man is an island".I have not found out the man who said that,but he indeed was a very sensible man.Indeed no one is an island,no one can do it all,or take it all,or know it all.At some points in our lives,we need someone to talk to,someone to rely on,someone to tap from.Someone we know would definitely have something meaningful to say,or something to give.Sometimes it's either of our parents,a sibling,a relative,a friend,a colleague (who is a friend),a pastor...somebody sha.

I'd always been a good person.I'd always had people confide in me,i'd always had people look up to me,but i'd not always been too open.Don't get me wrong,i've never been secretive,on the contrary,i'd always been open.But the thing is because they see my as a 'bone',they feel i don't have issues and thus don't bother listening to me.Also,i don't particularly like to bother people with my issues.So what do i do? Well,i listen to them and give my free advice as usual.Since i am considered above-problems,i just keep them bottled up inside (but e make me strong well well sha...hehehehehe).

However,in my first year at the university,i met someone who was just like me.When i mean just like me,i wasn't mincing words.He's my age,he shares thesame star sign as i (Libra),he shares thesame likeness for music and poems,he shares thesame taste of music,he has thesame views on issues,he has thesame beliefs (at least almost thesame),he even shares thesame hobbies,we belonged to thesame club in school (Rotaract Club),we got involved in politics and were presidents at thesame period.In case you're wondering if he's my twin,don't even bother cos i don't have a twin (except my mama no talk true all this while).But he could pass for my twin somehow.Within the short while we knew each other,we became very close friends.I even got to meet members of his family,including his owesome dad (I use to tease him that his dad was cooler than him and would get the babes if they go out to look for some...hehehehehe).He became the one i leaned on and i was also to him what he was to me (yeah,finally i got someone to listen to me...hahahahaha).I always ran things by him cos we almost always agree on issues and he did thesame.He criticized me when i erred,but he knew the right time to do that.He was an example of what i call a good friend because each time i was in need and he could be of help,he didn't hold back.Till this day that i'm making this post,he's my 'wing man',he understands me almost totally (make una no come say i dey exaggerate) and so we get along very well (except those few times i plan to break his leg...hehehehehe).He was a year ahead of me in the Uni and so left before me,but we always kept in touch.Right now,we're in different states,but we still keep in touch regularly and still listen to each other and as usual,tender our opinions on stuffs.We also still manage to see each other,though hustling is very tight at this point.He is my 'bone' man!

We need a certain 'somebody' at one point in our lives.We don't know it all,we can't do it all,we can't take it all.Sometimes all we need is just to talk to somebody who understands us and knows the thing we want to hear at a particular time.I've found mine,have you? Have a very nice day ahead.

11 comments:

  1. Am happy for u sweets dat u found a true friend.. Cant say I have n dats ok to.. I always get punished in some way.. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie-Don't worry Melanie,i'm sure you'll find a friend soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol thats cute. a tad gay though..jk,lol
    dnt have a friend i feel that much connected to. poor me :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kitkat-Don't worry dear,i'm sure you'll find one soon.Sometimes they're even there,we're just too blind to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think everyone needs a best friend who they can tell anything to. I'm eternally grateful for my two best friends. Nobody can go it alone.

    Lot Kitkat, some serious girlfriend hunting oh!

    Adiya

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Corner Shop-You're so right about that and congrats on your two best friends.Hope they don't conflict sha? hehehehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course my twin is my dearest friend, but i have two close friends that are so different from me. Been friends for over 10 years. As in different like night and day..lol. I guess that is what i appreciate about them. They did say variety is the spice of life right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. BSNC-That's so expected,although there are some few twins who don't flow sha.And yeah,variety is the spice of life but only when they add color to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I figured u were libra before i read the second paragraph, i have the same problem, but we are supposed to be THE GOOD LISTENER so u cant change that. good u found someone to lean on

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have friends, few of them, but I don't have that friend I can just pour my heart to. Lucky you!!

    http://coyintrovert.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chizy K-You must be very good in the area of Astrology to be able to tell my star sign by just reading my post,nice.*wink* I figure you're libra too from your comment.I'm actually not trying to change the listening part of me,it gives me the feeling of superiority most times *big grin*.I'm lucky to have found that friend o! LOL

    Coy Introvert-Aw,don't worry,you'd soon find that kind of friend.

    ReplyDelete